Thursday, September 16, 2010

When His Face Stopped Smiling on Me



WHEN HIS FACE STOPPED SMILING ON ME

It was worth waiting half – a – hundred years
to experience the love of this man.

Compassion flowed from coffee his colored eyes.
His smile, like a proud Papa’s beamed,
“That’s my girl.”
He could be anywhere, doing anything,
but he chose to be with me!
In the privileged place of his presence
I heard his heart.
He could surely hear the joy exploding in mine.
It sang LOUD when he was near.
Because he listened, stuttering and stammering stopped,
and the sound of my voice rarely makes me gag.
Since he sweetened my name with his voice
it no longer suggests a scratchy chalkboard.

I SOMETIMES LOVED HIM MORE THAN I LOVED GOD.
I wanted more than he had to give
. . . so now he’s gone.

WHEN HIS FACE STOPPED SMILING ON ME
I thought I’d die . . .
experiencing the losses of my lifetime.
Until he loved me I had no idea of all I’d missed.

But, because I experienced love that far surpasses
mere knowledge without the experience
I now know better
God’s extraordinary, extravagant and glorious love for me.
And He will never leave or forsake me.
                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment