Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mutigenre Margaret Manages a Blog



Roles One Media Played in the Classroom


As a student here at Cal State Northridge I once experienced a particularly effective use of technology.

Semester after semester, I avoided a required English class because, according to fellow students and ratemyprofessor.com, the best teacher available required everyone in class to create a blog.

As many in my generation, I am typically technologically challenged, (ah, the melody of assonance, alliteration and all :).  But as a senior senior with no semesters left, I finally did it.  I took the class.

Well, blog-on-it! (Think 'doggone-it.') 
Guess what the the greatest part of that great class was?!
The Blog!

  • Walls of fear and intimidation crumbled as I learned where to find tech help on campus, and was forced to work more closely with the professor just getting started.

  • With each step I felt more and more accomplished (besides the course work)!

  • It was wonderful to learn what the other students had to say, interesting and very helpful.

  • It was like being forced to enjoy Facebook :)

  • I see high school and junior high students have hours fly by as they have fun doing homework too!

  • I see relations develop as fellow students get one another turned on to authors, artists and the endless possibilities of higher education.

No comments:

Post a Comment